How does the Club work?
•We are a community club with membership open to from juveniles under 12’s to the young at heart seniors- 70 years+
• Our number one priority is membership safety at sea
• Overall numbers are capped at both Adult and Juveniles based on safety considerations.
• It is mandatory to wear life jackets at all times whilst on the water.
• The season if from April to the end of September (weather dependent).
• The core hours for rowing at the height of season are from 17.00 to 21.00. (Light dependent).
• Leisure crews on average go out 2 times a week, racing crews will have more sessions based on their training plan.
How do I apply for Membership?
Complete the relevant ‘Expression of Interest’ form below. Following this submission our Club Membership Secretary will be in contact. All contact with Juveniles will be via their parent or guardian will be in contact. (as per our Child Protection policy)
What can you expect post application via email?
• You will receive a response acknowledging your expression of interest.
• You will be assigned to the relevant waiting list.
• When we have arranged our open day for potential new members, you will be contacted re arrangements for a trial outing in one of our skiffs.
• Please note that in relation to our Juvenile membership for safety reason it is necessary to cap crews at each age group.
• If we cannot accommodate your request this season , we will let you know and will ask you permission to keep your details on our waiting list for the following year. But hopefully this is not the case.
What is the cost of membership?
Our current season membership categories and fees are as per below:
- Adult – €155
- Student – €65*
- Juvenile – €55
*Please note that Student fee only applies to Students in full time educational courses